ISR Faculty and Staff are invited to use the new ISR Data Science Portal
This page will guide you through the process of creating your profile, highlighting your projects, and discovering events and resources that will support data science research.
Create your personal and project profiles
Your profile highlights your research background and expertise. Important note: You do not need to consider yourself a “data scientist” to create a profile. If you are interested in joining a data science project in the future, create a profile now to increase your chances of joining a new team.
- Enter your University of Michigan email address on the Registration page.
- Check your email inbox for your credentials.
- Follow the email instructions to login.
- Create your profile, add your expertise, and data science projects.
- The people portal can be filtered by social science domains, methodological expertise, and programming expertise. The more expertise you list, the easier it will be for others to find you.
- Once you have a profile on this website, you can update it at any time by clicking on the Dashboard button in the upper right.
Add data science/big data research-related events to our event calendar
More ways to connect with the ISR data science community
- Subscribe to our mailing list to stay up to date on major program developments. Note: We use this mailing list very sparingly and will not use it for regular program and event announcements that can be distributed via the Portal and Slack space.
- Join our ISR Data Science Slack Channel. This is our online community space. You can announce events, reach out for advice, create user communities, etc.
- Join CoderSpaces, our weekly data science hubs hosted by members of the U-M community, to meet in person, share experience and knowledge, or get assisted on methodological and programming issues.